World Cup Oklahoma
Building a Putting Green at Home Do It Yourself by National Greens Synthetic Turf
If you’re thinking of tackling it yourself, a National Greens do it yourself synthetic grass program may be the way for you. You provide the measurements and some photos and we’ll provide you step by step custom drawings with instructions. With our guidance, and your hard work, home owners and landscapers alike will succeed in the professional installation of putting greens, playgrounds, play areas, or lawns.
National Greens has developed an original Do It Yourself approach on how to build a putting green during our years as backyard putting green and artificial grass installers. We have had evaluated its effectiveness and shown proven results that have withstood the test of time. If you’re looking for tips & instructions on how to build commercial or home putting greens with synthetic grass product, you’ve come to the right place! National Greens can supply everything you need to create your own one of a kind custom home putting green.
Proper installation of commercial or home putting greens is required to achieve high quality results. Installation of a backyard putting green can take approximately 3 days for the first 500 Square Feet + an additional day for every additional 300 Square Feet. You should never attempt to build a putting green when the temperature is cooler than 50 degrees F.
If you are looking for an installer of commercial or home putting greens, feel free to visit our home page or our contact us page and we will schedule you for a free installation estimate. If you are unfamiliar with the construction steps below we recommend you have a licensed contractor who is experienced in the installation of synthetic home putting greens & familiar with local requirements/codes/ordinances perform the work.
Wholesaling synthetic turf is a major part of our business. If you are interested in becoming a dealer, or an exclusive franchise owner, let National Greens be your partner in one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Synthetic football and soccer multi-use sport fields are a huge market and there’s plenty of room for competition. We are always looking to partner up with existing businesses or eager entrepreneurs. Synthetic turf can be a great addition to your landscape or construction business. We can provide you training, long term support, and generate leads though our tested marketing strategy.
Building your own putting green Installation Procedure
National Greens at home Putting Green: Installation Measurement
Measure the length and width of the installation area. Your artificial putting green must be installed with the grain facing the same direction, preferably facing the players perspective, this allows chips to be accepted correctly from distance. Determine the best way to utilize your sections of turf with the least amount of seaming. Measure twice before ordering! Remember, you must purchase the grass in fixed 15 foot widths and you need to seam in the same direction.
National Greens at home Putting Green: Installation Preparation
* Call your utility department in order to survey the installation area. Be sure to obtain any required permits.
* If a sprinkler system exists, contact your irrigation company to have it capped and marked.
* Its smart to use sample pieces of synthetic turf to practice the seaming process. This is the most difficult step of the installation.
* Determine the amount of Crushed Granite you will need.
* One Ton will cover approximately 66 Square Feet, 3 deep
* One Yard will cover approximately 94 Square Feet, 3 deep
* It is important you use Crushed Granite as opposed to other forms of crushed rock. Using Crushed Granite for your artificial putting green installation will enable you to create the smoothest surface while allowing for proper compaction and grading.
Necessary supplies to include:
1. Seaming Tape
2. Sod Staples
3. Steel Nails
4. Framing Board
5. Plastic Stakes
6. Filter Fabric/Weed Barrier
7. Infill material
8. Obtain necessary tools to include:
11. Plate Compactor
12. Hand Tamper
13. Power Broom
14. Sod Cutter
National Greens at home Putting Green: Base Preparation and Installation
* Frame your perimeter using plastic/bendable framing board. Attach the framing board to 12 plastic stakes every 2’.
* Un-roll your artificial putting green out on a clean and flat surface. Allow your artificial putting green to lay in direct sunlight for 2 hours prior to installation.
* Gather all necessary tools.
* Prepare the project base.
* Remove 4 inches of soil in the installation area. Sod cutters can be used to remove existing grass. A square shovel can be used to perfect the corners and edges. Make sure the base allows for proper drainage, a 1% grade should be sufficient. After the soil has been removed install the edging that you plan to use.
* Dampen the bare earth and compact it with a plate tamper. If the bare earth is wet or has a clay concentration spread a thin layer of crushed stone over the entire surface before compacting. Install a weed fabric over the bare earth and trim as necessary, using sod staples to hold it in place.
* Begin distributing the crushed granite and spread it evenly over the installation area. Use the back of a rake in a back and forth motion to level off the crushed granite. Use the sod roller to even out the surface. Ensure that the crushed granite allows for proper drainage as mentioned above, while taking into consideration the grading you desire for your green. The crushed granite must be spread evenly across the entire installation area.
* Start to dampen the crushed granite and begin making passes with the plate tamper/compactor. Make as many passes as necessary to create a firm base. Do not make sharp turns with the plate tamper; this will create ridges in the base. High spots must be leveled off and low spots must be filled in with crushed granite and compacted. Use a hand tamp to compact areas that weren’t compacted by the plate tamper. The goal is to create a smooth and uniform base; the green will not hide irregularities in the base. A properly compacted base will not show a footprint when walked on. Once base preparation is complete avoid any unnecessary surface traffic. The final base will be 1 below the top of the border.
National Greens at home Putting Green: Installing your Cup(s)
* Arrange the artificial putting green cups on the crushed granite as you would like them.
* Mark where your cups will be permanently placed. This can be done by applying pressure to each cup and rotating it. This will cause a small indentation in the crushed granite which will be used as a reference point.
* With a small hand shovel dig a small hole that is 2 inches larger in diameter than the cup itself and equal in depth.
* Use fast drying concrete mix powder around the entire outside perimeter.
* Pack down the mix. Leave 1 of the cup exposed.
National Greens at home Putting Green: Finishing Your Base
* Small ridges caused from the plate compactor on your base need to be removed. The putting green surface needs to fit like a glove to your base so you want it as smooth as possible.
* Use the bottom of your shovel or hand tool to flatten the ridges.
* Use a spreader to distribute sand over the entire green. A 50 lb bag of sand will cover approximately 360 Sq Ft.
* Use a broom to lightly sweep the sand and any loose gravel off your base.
National Greens at home Putting Green: Installing your Artificial putting green
* The install can begin after the grass has been allowed to lay in direct sunlight for two hours. This will allow wrinkles in the backing to settle out. Use a power broom to brush the grass fibers against the direction they are laying before installation. This will make the installation of infill easier. If seaming sections of grass together, do not brush the fibers until you have removed the edges.
* If the width of your artificial putting green is less than your roll width you can skip the following steps.
* Make sure the grain of each roll of artificial putting green is running in the same direction.
* Place the synthetic putting green turf over the edge of the crushed granite and roll it out.
* Make sure there are no significant creases in the turf. If there are tiny creases the weight of the infill will make them go away.
* Use a push broom against the grain of the putting green to separate the fibers before putting in the infill.
* Lay one roll over where the seam will come together. Make sure the backing is face up.
* With a knife cut between the first and second row of stitching.
* Do this for only one of the rolls where your seam will be joined. Cutting between the rows will remove the black strip. It will also give you a tight fit and perfect seam.
* Use solid base underneath the roll that is being overlapped. This will make for a solid smooth cutting surface.
* Overlap the turf rolls about 2 the entire length of the seam so that the roll with the seaming strip is still attached to the top.
* Place bags of infill every 4 ft on both sides along the length of the seam. This prevents movement during the seaming process.
* Cut the top overlapped roll of turf by following the edge of the bottom roll with a utility knife.
* Do this with the full length of the seam. Once the seam has been cut, join the 2 pieces together to ensure a tight fit before seaming the rolls together. Continue to replace your utility knife blade after cutting 8-10 ft.
* Nail down the seaming strips on the sub base where the seam will come together. There should be an equal amount of seaming strip on each side of the seam.
* Apply adhesive over the entire surface of the seaming strip.
* Allow 20-30 min for the adhesive to set up and get sticky before seaming.
* Pull the artificial putting green turf over at the seam.
* Lay one roll onto the adhesive and seaming tape the full length of the seam.
* Carefully join the 2 rolls together.
* Press the seam in place to ensure good contact of the turf backing and adhesive.
* After the entire seam has been placed together walk over the artificial putting green several times.
* Allow 1 hour before moving on to the next step.
National Greens at home Putting Green: Shaping Your Green
* The synthetic turf is delivered in a rectangular shape. If you’re not adding a fringe turf to your putting green, cut the shape of your putting green using only your outside border. If you desire a fringe around your putting green, use a yard stick to assist with the measurement.
* Formula to determine the amount of fringe turf needed for a two foot collar of fringe: Total length + width Divide by 2.5
* Use a yard-stick to measure two feet in from the border.
* Using a string, mark your shape in 1 foot increments.
* Use a utility knife to cut along the outside perimeter.
* Run the fringe turf the length of the putting green on each side first, then the two widths. The grain of the fringe turf must run the same direction all around the green.
* Roll the fringe turf over one side the length of the putting green.
* Overlap the entire fringe turf just enough to cover the shape of your artificial putting surface on one side the length of your putting green.
* Locating the shaped putting green under the fringe, nail down the fringe into the sub base using 5 galvanized nails with small heads 2 inches out into the fringe from where the seam of the putting green turf and fringe turf will meet.
* Hammer the nails every 6 inches the entire length of your fringe turf. Nailing between the rows of stitching hides the nails.
* Now, come out 1’ into the fringe turf.
* Nail the fringe turf 1 out into the fringe every six inches the entire length of the fringe. Nailing the fringe at both the seam and a foot out from the seam will anchor the fringe turf in place and make for a tight fit.
* Do this for the entire perimeter of fringe turf.
* Finally ut along the outside perimeter where the fringe meets your border.
National Greens at home Putting Green: Infill
* Do not apply when wet. If the infill or putting green get wet the infill clumps together prohibiting properly application of the infill.
* Use a drop spreader 1/2 full with infill and spread your infill across the top of your artificial putting green.
* Aggressively brush in your infill.
* Infill until you have filled your artificial putting past the tips of the fibers.
* By infilling the fringe turf the fibers will stick straight up. You only need to fill the fringe turf half full to achieve this.
* Consistently brush against the grain of the fringe. This makes the fibers to stand up.
* Brush any excess infill off your artificial putting green.
* Sweep your artificial putting green a final time to remove any excess infill. You want to have 1/32 of the putting green fiber exposed.
National Greens at home Putting Green: Back to your cups!
* Locate the cup holes by pressing the synthetic turf with your hands. Using a utility knife cut the holes out of the turf. Cut an X inside the hole.
* Now cut tightly around the inside edge of the cup. Take your time with cutting around the inner edge of the cups. After the holes are cut, trim the loose fibers around the cup with scissors.
National Greens at home Putting Green: The final steps!
* Rolling and infill of the green will determine the speed of you putting surface
* Using heavy weight roller, roll the green the length & width of the entire surface.
* Do this many times both the length and the width of the putting green to achieve the speed you desire.
National Greens at home Putting Green: Post Installation Care
* Seasonally, brush your artificial putting green using a push broom. This will help stabilize the fibers, and keep the grass clean. Any stains or spills that occur can be cleaned using a mild detergent and water. A leaf rake or leaf blower can be used to remove any debris or foliage.
National Greens Putting Greens North America, Arkansas home putting green, Arizona home putting green, Utah home putting green, Colorado home putting green, New Mexico home putting green, Texas home putting green, Oklahoma home putting green, Wyoming home putting green, Montana home putting green, Washington home putting green, Oregon home putting green, California home putting green, Tennessee home putting green, Texas home putting green, Missouri home putting green, Mississippi home putting green, Louisiana home putting green, Oklahoma home putting green.
Article Source: http://www.earticlesonline.com/Article/Building-a-Putting-Green-at-Home-Do-It-Yourself/1093268
World Cup Oklahoma
Sports News 2/3/10 by Frank R. Bilotta
Even though the Super Bowl is days away the Indianapolis Colts are already working on signing future hall of fame quarterback Peyton Manning to a long-term contract. Manning was signed until 2012 but clauses in his contract allowed his current contract to end in 2010. But the Colts have no intentions of letting him hit the open market with the possibilities of there being no salary cap next year. The Colts are willing to make Manning the richest player in NFL history which he deserves considering that Cincinnati Bengals Carlson Palmer is the highest paid quarterback in the league. Some sports experts think his new deal will be around $20 million a year until he retires.
Just when you thought things for the 4-43 New Jersey Nets couldn’t get any worse it did, assistant head coach Del Harris just resigned after yet another tough lost. Harris was arguably the coach on the Nets staff and did all he could to try and help a team that will almost certainly go down as the worst team in NBA history.
NBA GAMES ON TODAY
7:00 PM ET LA Clippers at Atlanta FSN Prime Ticket Fox Sports South
7:00 PM ET Chicago at Philadelphia WCIU COMCAST
7:00 PM ET New Jersey at Toronto YES
7:30 PM ET Washington at New York Comcast SportsNet Baltimore MSG
8:00 PM ET Miami at Boston ESPN
8:00 PM ET Oklahoma City at New Orleans KSBIHD Cox Sports Television
8:30 PM ET Golden State at Dallas CSNBayHD FOX SW
9:00 PM ET Portland at Utah KGW Port, Or FOX ROCKY
10:00 PM ET San Antonio at Sacramento FOX SW Comcast Sports Sacramento
10:30 PM ET Phoenix at Denver Altitude Sports ESPN
10:30 PM ET Charlotte at LA Lakers SportSouth FOX WEST
NBA SCORES FROM 2/2/10
Cleveland 105, Memphis 89
Indiana 130, Toronto 115
Orlando 99, Milwaukee 82
Detroit 97, New Jersey 93
LA Clippers 90, Chicago 82
Oklahoma City 106, Atlanta 99
Houston 119, Golden State 97
NCAA MENS TOP 25 GAMES ON TODAY
7:00 PM ET (1) Kansas at Colorado
7:00 PM ET (21) Pittsburgh at (6) West Virginia ESPN FULL COURT
7:00 PM ET South Florida at (8) Georgetown ESPN FULL COURT
7:00 PM ET Duquesne at (17) Temple
6:30 PM ET Penn State at (18) Ohio State
8:00 PM ET Mississippi State at (20) Vanderbilt ESPN FULL COURT
8:05 PM ET Wichita State at (22) Northern Iowa
7:30 PM ET Iowa State at (24) Baylor ESPN FULL COURT
NCAA MENS TOP 25 GAMES FROM 2/2/10
(2) Villanova 81, Seton Hall 71
(3) Kentucky 85, Mississippi 75
(4) Syracuse 85, Providence 68
(16) Wisconsin 67, (5) Michigan State 49
(11) Kansas State 76, Nebraska 57
(12) Brigham Young 76, TCU 56
NHL GAMES FOR TODAY
7:00 PM ET Ottawa at Buffalo RDS MSGB
8:30 PM ET St. Louis at Chicago CSNC
9:00 PM ET Carolina at Calgary
9:30 PM ET Philadelphia at Edmonton TSN
10:00 PM ET Detroit at Anaheim FOX WEST2 NHLNET
NHL SCORES FROM 2/2/10
Washington 4, Boston 1
Toronto 3, New Jersey 0
Tampa Bay 2, Atlanta 1
Montreal 3, Vancouver 2
Dallas 4, Minnesota 2
Phoenix 1, Nashville 0 (SO)
Colorado 5, Columbus 1
Los Angeles 2, NY Rangers 1
Detroit 4, San Jose 2
United States World cup soccer star DeMarcus Beasley car was set on fire outside of his home in Glasgow Scotland. This was the second time someone has vandalized Beasley’s car in the last couple of years. Police still have no idea of who caused the fire, but many people feel its probably fans of cross town rival Glasgow Celtics that are to blame.
By: Frank Bilotta
Even though the Super Bowl is days away the Indianapolis Colts are already working on signing future hall of fame quarterback Peyton Manning to a long-term contract. he deserves considering that Cincinnati Bengals Carlson Palmer is the highest paid.
Article Source: http://www.earticlesonline.com/Article/Sports-News-2-3-10/705263
World Cup Oklahoma
Get A Chicago Sports Ticket - Sports Action At It's Best by Al Terry
Chicago sports ticket is always in high demand because Chicago is home to so many sports teams. The Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox and Northwestern Wildcats, all have a very strong fan following in Chicago and across the country.
Fans of the Chicago Blackhawks are really excited because the team had a good season last year. There are many exciting games coming up and fans are already queuing up to buy Chicago sports ticket. The Blackhawks play their home games at the United Center.
The Blackhawks are going to be playing in the 2009 NHL Winter Classic at Wrigley Field. In the coming months they would also be playing against Columbus Blue Jackets. Both the teams have been doing pretty well in the past so it is surely going to be an exciting game to watch.
The Blackhawks have some very talented players lined up this season. One player that fans are keen to watch in action is Patrick Kane, last year Calder Cup winner. He just turned 20 this November and he is going to play a big role in the team. Jonathan Toews, Brian Campbell and Cristobal Huet are some of the other players that everyone is keeping an eye on.
Besides Blackhawks, Chicago is also home to Chicago Bulls, professional basketball team. Ever since it was founded in 1966, fans have been buying Chicago sports ticket to watch this team beat some of the best in the game. Currently they play their home games at the United Center. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman have all played for the Bulls.
In the coming months, Chicago Bulls will be playing against Oklahoma City Thunder, Miami Heat, Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks. Fans are really pumped up for the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls play some of their best games when the competition is tough and this season they are going to face some pretty tough competition.
When it comes to baseball, Chicago is home to two baseball teams - Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox. Chicago sports ticket for baseball games is always high in demand whenever these two teams play.
The Chicago Cubs play their home games at the Wrigley Field. The team has one of the most powerful offenses and there is no shortage of pitching talent in the team. This season they are a serious contender for the World Series championship. In the coming months they would be playing against Los Angeles Dodgers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, Oakland Athletics, Kansas City Royals and Los Angeles Angels.
The Chicago White Sox play their home games at the U.S. Cellular Field. They won the World Series Championship in 2005. Last season, they just barely made it to the playoffs after defeating the Twins in a very thrilling game. The inclusion of Ozzie Guillen this season has the team and the fans fired up. Fans are also counting on Jim Thome, Alexi Ramirez and A.J Pierzinski to win another World Series title.
To watch the team play at the U.S. Cellular Field you would need to buy Chicago sports ticket. You can buy your ticket online through an authorized ticket broker. The process is completely safe and the best part is that you get the tickets without even stepping out of your home.
For more great sports information such as Buying A Chicago Sports Ticket To All Venues vist the authors site which includes helpful advice for fans buying a Chicago sports ticket to all the best games.
Article Source: http://www.earticlesonline.com/Article/Get-A-Chicago-Sports-Ticket---Sports-Action-At-It-s-Best/484500
4th KFC World Cup of Softball at Oklahoma City